The Friends of the Community Library Welcomes YOU!
2019 Meetings of the Friends of the Community Library are held at the library on March 9, June 8 (Annual Meeting), September 14, and December 14 at 10:30 AM.
Current and new members are encouraged to join us!
The Friends of the Community Library are proud to sponsor many programs at the library. Here are just a few of the programs the Friends have sponsored:
- Preschool Story Hour
- Second Saturday Cinema
- Battle of the Books
- Summer Reading Programming
As a Friend and/or Patron of the Community Library, we sincerely thank you for the past support, and ask that you seriously consider future involvement.
As we go forward with a new, modern, and enhanced library, it is essential that there be an active group of dedicated Friends, to help the library continue to grow. Friends of the Library groups are independent non-profit organizations, separate and distinct from the library and library Board, but chartered for these purposes:
- Create public support and awareness for the library
- Raise funds for capital campaigns and unbudgeted projects
- Sponsor and support library programs and events
- Do volunteer work in the library and on specific tasks and projects
- Provide input for the library Board.
President: Rose Marie Joyce
Secretary: Kate Elder
Treasurer: Margaret Dafeldecker
Membership/Publicity: Jan Peters/Amy Mele
Book Sale: Sally Stroh